Friday, September 10, 2010

An e-mail I received from an English friend on the Red Nation

Bob Thank you for giving me the chance to read the Mabel H Bonds letter. I have to say that as far as I am of the understanding this is purely a case of Lack of Natural Justice at the very least to sheer racism and Bullying terrorist tactics at the very most. In answer to your question about most Europeans I would honestly say that in most cases they would agree with me and be astounded and shocked at the lengths that people go to, just to obtain a persons land and to feed their own greed. Obviously there are one or two that would have an opposite view but hopefully that number is dwindling down and that people in Europe are now learning Tollerance and understanding. I had to read it two or three times to understand and believe that the Blackfeet nation had been treat so abominably, and can only stand in awe and wonder at the strength the Blackfeet nation has, to survive and grow the way it has. In Europe we were never really taught about the Indian nation very much except in Films and Cowboy books etc but through education and understanding we are now learning so much more and we are seeing the real tragic truth. Not the Hollywood truth. Since the learning of the WW2 atrocities people are now learning more about other cultures and by education perhaps we can learn some very harsh truths about my culture. I hope you will not hold this against me but I am a proud British Girl. But I have a big heart for ALL Peaople no matter what race, creed or culture. After all I think it was George washington or Abraham Lincoln (Not sure who) that said 'All Men are Equal' and that to me means all people no matter who they are. I am not sure if this helps you at all but please keep up with educating us, we so desperately need it and if the truth hurts us Europeans then so be it, we need to learn where we went wrong and learn never to do it again or even let it happen again by anyone. Standing in silence is as bad as doing the deed. Please tell me how I can help to educate my people and to work together with you bring the 'real' truth out. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment